- What personal data are processed;
- How do we acquire your personal data;
- For what purposes and what legal basis your data is processed;
- How long we will be processing your personal data;
- When the personal data may be shared with third parties;
- Information about the personal data transfer outside EU;
- Processing of children’s personal data;
- Automatic decision making;
- Your rights arising out of the GDPR;
- Contact details of the Controller.
What personal data are processed
To provide you with our services and achieve the purposes stipulated in next paragraph, we are processing certain personal data related to you. Below we have indicated what categories of personal data we process.
Registration data –
in order to provide you our services, we are processing your personal data which you provide us upon registering your account in the Platform. Such registration data may include your e-mail address, identification data.
Identification data –
to provide you our services we may have to identify you. The identification data may include your first name and last name, date of birth, your address, information received from social media accounts, ID documentation (when registering as FIDE member), and assigned FIDE ID number.
Contact data –
to be able to contact you, we may process your e-mail address, phone number and address.
Payment data –
to carry out necessary payments we may process your payment data which may include your credit card information, sent and received payments, and other information related to payments.
Game data –
when playing games in the Platform, we will process information related to such games, which may include your chess ratings, results, information about how games were played by you on our Platform and in connected services.
Technical data –
to ensure smooth provision of our services we will process technical data which may include your browser information, information about your operating system, installed extensions and fonts, date and language of the computer.
Usage data –
we may collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Platform or when you access the Platform by our through a mobile device. The usage data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of the Platform you visit, the time and data of your visit, the time spent on the Platform, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access the Platform by or through a mobile device, the usage data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Cookies data –
How do we acquire your personal data
During the provision of our services, we may acquire your personal data from various sources.
Some of the personal data we are acquiring directly from you when you register your account or when you are using Platform’s services.
When you register your account as FIDE member, we will also acquire your personal data (such as Identification data (e.g. first name, last name, your represented country, etc.) and Game data (e.g. your ratings)) from FIDE (International Chess Federation) and national chess federations and their websites (or other online sources).
When you are registering your account through social media platforms, we may also acquire certain Identification data and e-mail address from social media sites which you have chosen to use to register your account.
For what purposes and what legal basis your data is processed
In this section, we provide your details on for what purposes we may be processing different categories of personal data. Also, for users who live in European Economic Area, we also identify the legal basis under which we are processing your personal data for respective purposes in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
We may also process your personal data for other legitimate purposes if:
- You have given us your consent for such processing (Art. 6.1.a of the GDPR);
- The processing of your data is necessary to ensure you with our services (Art. 6.1.b of the GDPR);
- The processing of your personal data is necessary for us to comply with legal obligations (Art. 6.1.c of the GDPR);
- We have legitimate interests, which are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights (Art. 6.1.f of the GDPR).
If we are processing your personal data for other purposes than those indicated in the table above, we will make sure that such processing is compatible with the purposes for which the personal data were collected. When possible, we will inform you about new data processing purposes.
How long we will be processing your personal data
Your Registration Data, Identification data, and Contact data and Game data shall be retained as long as you have registered an account in the Platform and for additional 10 years after the respective account has been deleted.
Information about your purchases in our online store - your Identification data, Contact data, Payment data, and information about the purchase will be stored for a period of 10 years.
Please note that certain data, such as Registration data, Identification data, Payment data, information related to the accepted terms and conditions, and other types of contracts concluded with us or consents for personal data processing provided to us, maybe retained even after you have requested to delete your account for the period of applicable limitation periods (no longer than 10 years) to protect our legal interests in case of possible disputes or for accounting purposes.
Your personal data related to the rated games in the Platform will be processed in blockchain technology to ensure the reliability of online ratings and their integrity. This means that personal data processed during and related to rated games (such as Identity Data, e.g. FIDE ID number, and Game data, e.g. results of games and player’s ratings) in Platform will be retained for an unlimited period of time. This is because the relevant technology does not allow to alter historical data to ensure the integrity of respective data.
We will also retain and use your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations or ensure our legal rights (e.g. to resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies).
Technical data, Usage data, and Cookies data are generally retained for shorter periods of time (no longer than 10 years after their creation) unless the respective data must be retained longer to comply with legal obligations or to protect our legal rights. Personal data for the purposes to detect and prevent cheating will be retained for no longer than 10 years.
We may share your personal data to persons who are authorized by us and to our cooperation partners, which helps us to ensure our services and may act as our data processors, acting as IT service providers (including, but not limited to e-mail service providers, website maintenance services, server providers or maintainers), marketing providers, payment service providers, delivery service providers, and others. When sharing your personal data to third parties we will carry out all necessary activities to ensure that third parties ensure adequate protection of your personal data.
For example, when you make payments in the Platform or our online store, your Identification Data and Payment Data will be processed by payment service provider Stripe, Inc., a company registered under the laws of the United States of America who provides us with payment processing service, and Identification Data and Contact Data will be processed by delivery service providers (couriers) to deliver ordered goods to your indicated address (where you order goods at our online store).
The Platform and online store is operated in partnership with other parties (with affiliates and business partners) which may also have access to your personal data. Such parties include:
- Federation Internationale des Echecs (International Chess Federation), a company registered under the laws of Switzerland, having its registered address at Avenue de Rhodanie 54, 1007 Lausanne, Switzerland (the “FIDE”);
- World Chess US Inc., a company registered under the laws of the United States of America, having its registered address at: 2 Rector street, Suite 1202, New York, NY,10006, SA
- LLC «Digi», having its registered address at: Toktonalieva, 103, Oktyabrsky district, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, 720044
Information about the personal data transfer outside EU
Please know that we are established in the United Kingdom, which is no longer a member state of the European Union. However, we have undertaken to comply with the GDPR obligations when processing your personal data.
Your personal data may be made available and processed by our affiliates and business partners established outside the European Union. For the purposes of provision of Platform’s services and online store services, personal data may be shared LLC «I-EXP» and World Chess US Inc. (United States).
Additionally, some of the data may be transferred to the United States of America to our server providers and online store development platform providers.
We will ensure necessary safeguards for the transfer of your personal data outside European Union, such as conclusion of standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission with data recipients established outside the European Union, if the European Commission has not adopted a decision determining that respective state ensures adequate data protection standards. For more information about the applied safeguards and where to obtain the copies of them, please contact us by writing to our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Processing of children's personal data
We do not specifically advertise to children under the age of 18.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without the parental consent/consent of a legal guardian. If you become aware that your сhild has provided us with personal data without your consent and you would like his/her data removed, please contact us and we will delete the respective account. The same applies to the cases where you would like to withdraw your consent at a later date.
Automatic decision making
We use automatic decision to determine your chess ratings (including FIDE online rating) which is determined based on such data as Game data, number of games played, score against opponents, opponents ratings (in accordance with FIDE rules).
To ensure the fairness of the games in the Platform, the anti-cheating technology is also based on the automatic decision making. By using analytical tools and processing Usage data, Technical data, Game data, Cookies data and other available data, together with human analysis it is determined whether the user of the Platform is engaging in unfair game practices. You have right to appeal the decision in accordance with Platform’s terms and conditions.
Your rights arising out of the GDPR
If you are a citizen of the European Union member state, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, you have certain rights in respect to your personal data processing. In situations stipulated by the GDPR you have the following rights:
- Right of access
- Right to rectifications
- Right to erasure
- Right to object
- Right to withdraw your consent
- Right to restrict the processing of personal data
- Right to data portability
To request the fulfillment of your rights, please contact us via e-mail: email@example.com
Please note that for the fulfillment of your requested right, we may be required to process additional personal data and may request your identification.
In situations where you are not satisfied with our data processing activities, you always have a right to submit a complaint to your national data protection authority. You can find your data protection authority in the following website: members
Contact details of the Controller
or by using contact information below:
World Chess Events Limited Registration number: 10589323 Registered address: The Pinnacle 170 Midsummer Boulevard, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom, MK9 1BP
Terms & Conditions
Thank you for visiting worldchess.com. By using this website you agree to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions, which together with our
govern our relationship with you in respect to this website. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited unless specifically stated otherwise.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website. FIDE trademark is the official trademark of Fédération Internationale des Échecs (fide.com).
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- On our website you can purchase premium subscription packages. The price, content and duration of each subscription package are outlined on the subscription page. If you have any issues regarding your subscription or would like to cancel it please contact our Customer support to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your subscription or product for any reason, with or without notice and without further obligation.
- If a player is not 100% satisfied with his/her FIDE Online Arena membership, he/she is entitled to a full refund of the membership fee within 15 days from the date of purchase. If a player has paid for an online title during these 15 days, then no refund of a membership fee is possible. Once paid, online title fees and their connected membership fees cannot be refunded.